In the study field "Religion and theology", the 6th LKI/EKI level study program is being implemented, which corresponds to the thematic field ‘Religion and theology’ of the Latvian education classification: the academic bachelor's study programme "Theology"(programme code 43221)
Achievable study results:
- Knows the main areas of theology, their connection and interaction;
- Understands the roots and place of the Lutheran tradition in historical context;
- Understands the interdisciplinary nature of theological research.
- Can explain Christian teaching and life issues in a comprehensible, engaging, systematic manner and in accordance with people's interests and needs, taking into account current events and the experience of society.
- Can systematically and reasonably choose and use modern scientific research methods in theology, select and critically analyse sources of information, independently conduct research work and present its results.
- Able to act in the ministry of the Church with appropriate understanding and confidence and to creatively engage in the current processes of society;
- Able to engage in the development of theological science and interdisciplinary research, using the acquired knowledge in the field and general knowledge and skills;
- Able to find an answer based on the Holy Scriptures and the Lutheran tradition in the crises and challenges of contemporary society.